Sunday, April 11, 2010

A little bit of Spring


Today is a nice sunny day. Jamie and the neighbour are moving more dirt out of my old garden. Soon it will be ready to park the RV on. Okay maybe not this week but soon. I’ve been in the mood to bake or at least work in the kitchen.




I made some apple spice muffins this morning. They smell very yummy. I have used this recipe for years now. I got it out of a very old cookbook and have modified it over the years.

Apple Spice Muffins

Makes 1 dozen large muffins

Preheat oven to 400F

Blend together in small bowl

2 cups flour (I have been using 1 c whole wheat and 1 c white)

1/4 cup sugar

3 1/2 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

Chop up one medium apple into very small bits and mix into flour mixture.

Combine 1 egg, 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup vegetable oil and mix well. Add to flour mixture and mix until all flour is wet.

Fill muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Melissa and I went to Costco for some supplies mostly milk and dishwasher detergent, then came home where the ham that I’m slow cooking is starting to fill the house with a very nice smell. I love slow roaster ham. I started some bread in the bread machine to make into rolls for tonight's meal. I also made up some macaroons for a tasty treat tonight.

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Kira, Your spice muffins sound so good...thank you for the recipe...
Have a great week...enjoy spring...
Hugs,Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Kira, they look wonderful !!!!
I would love to try that recipe, but my daughter is lactose intollerant, so I would have to replace the milk with something else.
I must think about it !!!

 Time: 7:31AM Weather: 15C Sunrise @ 6:28AM Sunset @ 8:46PM "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativi...